Last Updated: 20 February, 2017
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you create an account, fill out a form, request support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use The Platform
When you access or use the Platform, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Platform, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Platform.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to better understand how the Platform is used and improve the Platform and your experience.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Platform.
- Provide and deliver the services you request, process transactions and send you related information.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service.
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Ask the Answer and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with the Platform.
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Ask the Answer and others
- Personalise and improve the Platform.
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Ask the Answer is based in the UK and the information we collect is governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. By accessing or using the Platform or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the UK and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation.
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Ask the Answer or others.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Platform or otherwise that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may use third parties to provide analytics services. These entities may use cookie and other technologies to collect information about your use of the Platform and other websites, including your IP address, web browser, pages viewed, time spent on pages, links clicked and conversion information. This information may be used by Ask the Answer and others to, among other things, analyse and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand your online activity.
Ask the Answer takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your account on the Site and going to the Settings page. We may retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Ask the Answer by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.