Did you know that herb's were once used in cooking for their pungent smell and taste so that they covered the taste of the meat when it was past its best. My personal use of herbs is one that I really delight in.
• Lavender is a natural relaxant it soothes the body and the calms the mind.
• Lavender is also a natural insect repellent.
• Apply a few drops of lavender oil into the final rinse in your wash it will really freshen up your clothes.
• Use a couple of drops of lavender to a wet cloth to wipe down surfaces and keep away flies, it will also really help your home smell fresh and wonderful for days.
• Use lavender oil mixed with a carrier oil such as almond oil to relieve headaches by massaging on the temples. Or indeed use this mixture anywhere on the skin to soothe and relax pain.
• Lavender aromatherapy oil can be used on minor burns it immediately takes the sting out of the burn.
• Use Lavender oil or scent mixed with water to burn in an oil burner with a tea light to create a relaxing smell in your home especially at night.
• Sprinkle some fresh lavender or lavender oil in your bath for a relaxing sleep.
• Make a lavender pouch and place it under your pillow or in your wardrobes or drawer's. It will make the clothes smell wonderful.
• Wash the floor's with a mixture of a few drops of lavender oil and rose oil with vinegar to give a wonderful smell that is clean and fresh. The vinegar is anti bacterial and the lavender and rose mixture is heavenly.
Take two dessert spoons of dried lavender and place in a small tea pot or use a cafetiere (that allows you to plunge the mixture and separate the lavender from the brewed tea). Pour enough boiling water (enough for 2 mugs of tea) on top of the lavender and allow to infuse for 10 minutes. Strain with a tea strainer if not using cafetiere. Drink the tea before going to bed; it’s a wonderful way of getting a really good nights sleep.
Do you have any tip on the uses of lavender? Please share them in the comments box below...