Loving Help to Boost Low Self-Esteem and Raise our Vibration
Self-esteem is more than how we feel about our physical appearance; it's how much we value our selves. When we have low self-esteem we often don't feel worthy enough to deserve good and positive things coming into our lives. We can get stuck in a thought pattern that we are deserving of any negativity or bad luck that comes our way. When our vibration is low it can be self prophesising; if you feel low about yourself you’re less likely to have the confidence to go for that promotion or ask that person you have a connection with out. By doing this our self limiting beliefs cause us to miss out on new and exciting opportunities, keeping us stuck in the cycle of low self-esteem like a hamster on a wheel.
Now the good news! This is a state of mind, which means it’s changeable. Remember, we were not born with low self-esteem. It's something we learnt on our life journey, and it's time to unlearn it. I have compiled a list of ideas to help you improve self-esteem and boost your confidence. Take your time to go through and looks what 'doable' for you.
- Take time for self care. Whether it's a refreshing shower, long soak or in the bath or treating yourself to something nice, doing acts of kindness for yourself is nourishing for the soul.
- Distract from those negative thoughts by doing something positive, like listening to music or talking to a loved one to silence those unwanted thoughts.
- Practise gratitude. Remind yourself of 3 positive things that happened in your day before bed every night.
- Stop comparing yourself to others! Every time you have a self critical thought, replace it with something positive about yourself. It sounds simple, but it’s so effective!
- Show yourself compassion. Stop saying "I should have" there's no need to punish ourselves for past mistakes.
- Think of what brings you a sense of peace, then go and do it! If it's something difficult do right now, like being at the beach or on a tropical holiday, then how about meditating on that peaceful memory to invite those feelings back.
- Set small tasks. If you feel overwhelmed and exhausted, don't try to take on massive challenge like cleaning the whole house. Set your alarm for 5 or 10 minutes and do a small task or chore in this time. Take pride in what you manage to achieve with this method.
- Spend time whenever possible with people who make you smile and lift your vibration.
- Give yourself what you need. Feed your spirit by taking a walk in nature. Stay active and burn off nervous energy. On the flip side you may be in need of more down time. If your soul is calling out for some rest and a time to replenish, make this a priority.
- Finally and sorry (not sorry) for this cliché but a healthy diet, plenty of water and a good sleep routine will always help. Our physical bodies, mind, emotions and spirit are all connected. We need to take care of ourselves as a whole.
I hope you find these tips helpful in boosting your self-esteem and raising your vibration to invite more joy and happiness into your life.
Love & light
Laya - PIN 600806